Ephesus Tour from Izmir Airport
We organize Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir airport. Travelers who stay in Istanbul can make a day trip to Ephesus. The closest airport to Ephesus is Izmir Airport which is 45 minutes drive to the ancient city of Ephesus. Flight from Istanbul to Izmir Airport takes approximately 1 hour..
We provide exclusive Private Ephesus Tours including pick up and drop off from/to Izmir Airport and Izmir Airport Hotels.
For travelers who will be flying from Istanbul we recommend the following flights:
(Please note that there two airports located in Istanbul. Istanbul Airport and Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Istanbul Airport is located in the European side and Sabiha Gokcen is located in the Asian Side of Istanbul.
Airlines flying to Izmir Airport from Istanbul Airports:
* Generally a private tour of Ephesus takes approximately 8 hours. Therefore we recommned our guests to book 8am flight from Istanbul to Izmir and 6pm flight from Izmir to Istanbul. We recommend to book the below flights:
You may not have a great experience taking one of Izmir Airport Taxis.
If you are lucky. if you happen to meet by chance with a honest taxi driver, the best you can expect is an acceptable experience: the taxi takes you to where you want to go by the shortest route, and you pay the correct fare as shown on the meter.
Below find some of the examples of bad experiences.
1. The taxi refuses to take you to where you want to go because the distance is not enough. It does not matter if you have a lot of luggage, or you can not walk well, or you are carrying a baby, or you simply have the legal right to be driven to where you want to go.
2. The taxi takes you to where you want to go but refuses to run the meter, and you get a very high fare that you can only reduce by arguing unpleasantly with someone who does not speak your language.
3. The taxi runs the meter and takes you to where you want to go by a rotating route that wastes your time and costs a lot more than it should.
4. The trip is fine, but the driver expects a big tip because you are a foreigner (the Turks do not give taxi drivers).
5. The driver drives like a maniac, apparently happy to endanger not only his own life, but that of other drivers, and his as well.
Below please find the links for some articles about the taxi scams in Turkey published on Turkish news papers:
Instead of taking an Izmir airport taxi, we recommend you to book a private transfer in advance. So you can be assured to be driven in a luxury vehicle by a professional safe driver for the same price that you can pay for a Izmir Airport Taxi. For more information about our private Izmir airport transfer service, please click the following link:
Private Transfers from/to Izmir Airport to/from Kusadasi, Selcuk (Ephesus) and Sirince
by TransBalkan Tours is a fully licenced tour operator since 1963 and a member of TURSAB.