Ephesus Tour from Izmir Airport
We organize Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir airport. Travelers who stay in Istanbul can make a day trip to Ephesus. The closest airport to Ephesus is Izmir Airport which is 45 minutes drive to the ancient city of Ephesus. Flight from Istanbul to Izmir Airport takes approximately 1 hour..
We provide exclusive Private Ephesus Tours including pick up and drop off from/to Izmir Airport and Izmir Airport Hotels.
For travelers who will be flying from Istanbul we recommend the following flights:
(Please note that there two airports located in Istanbul. Istanbul Airport and Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Istanbul Airport is located in the European side and Sabiha Gokcen is located in the Asian Side of Istanbul.
Airlines flying to Izmir Airport from Istanbul Airports:
* Generally a private tour of Ephesus takes approximately 8 hours. Therefore we recommned our guests to book 8am flight from Istanbul to Izmir and 6pm flight from Izmir to Istanbul. We recommend to book the below flights:
The Closest Airport to Ephesus is Izmir Airport. Izmir Airport to Ephesus distance is 60 kilometers, and it takes approximately 45 minutes by car. We offer Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir Airport with licensed tour guides.
Full Day tour of Ephesus, House of Mary & Basilica of St. John (8 hours)
Biblical sites, including Mary's last-known dwelling place, the ancient city of Ephesus, the Basilica of St. John and a relaxing lunch are featured in this fascinating, full-day private tour.
After meeting with our staff at Izmir Airport. As your vehicle makes its way along the Aegean Coast, you will pass some fertile lands of the region. As you reach the silted valley, time seems to come to a halt and then reverse. After a steep drive up Mt. Pagus, you will arrive at a stone chapel. This converted house probably dates from the 1st century and was envisioned by a German nun as the site where the Virgin Mary spent her last years. Continuing to Ephesus, leave your coach at the parking area and proceed on foot through Magnesia Gate. As you stroll along the old marble streets, you will pass the Odeon and State Agora. You will also see the ornate Hadrian Temple, (Optinal Visit Terrace houses), the beautifully restored facade of the Celsus Library, the Roman Baths of Scholastica, the Commercial Agora and the theater, which accommodates 25,000 spectators and is still used for occasional performances. After your visit to Ephesus, re-board your vehicle for an enjoyable lunch. Afterwards enjoy a presentation about Turkish weaving, see the girls at the looms knotting carpets and kilims. Learn about the natural dyes and learn the differences between Silk , flosh, wool and cotton weaving for handmade rugs. The proprietors will give a fascinating demonstration of the local traditional crafts. Next is the Basilica of St. John, when St. John was burried, is your final stop before your return to Izmir Airport.
Cost of Private Ephesus Tour starting and ending at Izmir Airport: 170 Euro (Total to be paid 1-6 people)
* Above rate is NOT a per person rate. It is total to be paid for your group.
* We offer %20 discount for Private Ephesus Tour bookings with English speaking tour guides, on certain dates. To see these dates please click.
Rates Do Not Cover:
* Except Terrace Houses, there is no admission fee for children under 8 years old. For the proof of age, please bring passport copies with you.
* There is no prepayment required for the reservation. To avoid disappointment, we recommend making your private tour reservation at earliest possible.
Payment can be made in Euros, Turkish Liras, British Pounds and US Dollars cash at the end of the tour. There is no prepayment required for the booking.
You can cancel a tour 72 hours in advance of your tour departure without any charges. If you would like to cancel a tour, simply send us an email and we will be happy to assist you. Once you are within the 24 hour tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable. This is because our guide and vehicle have set aside space to accommodate your request and will often not be able to fill that space with another customer so close to departure.
* For private tour booking,
Kindly advise us the following:
For more information about Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir Airport and booking, please contact us.
You may not have a great experience taking one of Izmir Airport Taxis.
If you are lucky. if you happen to meet by chance with a honest taxi driver, the best you can expect is an acceptable experience: the taxi takes you to where you want to go by the shortest route, and you pay the correct fare as shown on the meter.
Below find some of the examples of bad experiences.
1. The taxi refuses to take you to where you want to go because the distance is not enough. It does not matter if you have a lot of luggage, or you can not walk well, or you are carrying a baby, or you simply have the legal right to be driven to where you want to go.
2. The taxi takes you to where you want to go but refuses to run the meter, and you get a very high fare that you can only reduce by arguing unpleasantly with someone who does not speak your language.
3. The taxi runs the meter and takes you to where you want to go by a rotating route that wastes your time and costs a lot more than it should.
4. The trip is fine, but the driver expects a big tip because you are a foreigner (the Turks do not give taxi drivers).
5. The driver drives like a maniac, apparently happy to endanger not only his own life, but that of other drivers, and his as well.
Below please find the links for some articles about the taxi scams in Turkey published on Turkish news papers:
Instead of taking an Izmir airport taxi, we recommend you to book a private transfer in advance. So you can be assured to be driven in a luxury vehicle by a professional safe driver for the same price that you can pay for a Izmir Airport Taxi. For more information about our private Izmir airport transfer service, please click the following link:
Private Transfers from/to Izmir Airport to/from Kusadasi, Selcuk (Ephesus) and Sirince
by TransBalkan Tours is a fully licenced tour operator since 1963 and a member of TURSAB.