Sirince once was a Greek Orthodox village, 7 Miles away from Ancient city of Ephesus (current Selcuk town) and 20 miles away from Kusadasi. Sirince was once called Cirkince (ugly). The name is especially chosen to disattract people to move to the village.
First foundation of the village dates back to 1st century. Early christians of Ephesus escaped to the village to be protected from prosecutors. The village stayed as a Greek Ortodox Village until the exchange agreement between Rupublic of Turkey and Greece in 1924. During this exchange Greeks living in Turkey were exchanged with Turks living in Greece. This was a forced migration both sides at the post war period of WW1. Turkish families from mainly from Kavala region moved to the area. Greek families who moved from the village founded a new town named as "Nea Efesos" (Νέα Έφεσος)
The official name change of the village was in the early years of the Republic of Turkey. Name of the village changed from Cirkince to Sirince. Until 20 years ago, the main industry of the village was agriculture. Because of its unque historical background, beauty. Since the village name was mentioned many times in novels and travel shows and documentaries, Sirince Village today is a very touristy site.
Today the main industry is tourism. A lot of village home owners, converted their homes into restaurants, hotels and shops. Sirince Village, today is known with olives and peaches grown in july and fruit wines. Fruit wines are seet wines, more like desert wine. The most popular fruit wine from Sirince is black mulberry.
Visitors can also find lots of herbal products such as levander teas, sage, bay leaves, olive oil soap bars, olive oil lotions. Today the village is a perfect synthesis of Turkish-Greek culture. Visitors may enjoy taking pictures of old Greek homes. Most of them today are being restored and turned into small hotels. There is an abandoned Greek Orthodox Church from 19th century.
In the weekends, Sirince becomes so crowded with the Turkish visitors from big cities like Izmir and Aydin. Our recommendation is to visit this village during the weekdays.
For the visitors there are many restaurants and small hotels.
Recommended ones are as follows:
For travelers, coming to Kusadasi and Izmir Ports with cruise ships, we recommend to visit Sirince Village.
For travelers who are overnighting in Sirince Village, we provide private Ephesus Tours and if requested private airport transfers from Izmir Airport to Sirince Village.
For more information, contact us.
Nea Efesos village in Greece
Ephesus Travel Guide
Private Ephesus Tours
Private Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi
Private Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi Cruise Port
- Private Ephesus Tours for Royal Carribbean Cruise Passengers >
- Private Ephesus Tours for Holland America Line Passengers >
- Private Ephesus Tours for Princess Cruises Passengers >
- Private Ephesus Tours for Celebrity Cruises Passengers >
- Private Ephesus Tours for Oceania Cruises Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Crystal Serenity Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Norwegian Jade Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Celestyal Cruises Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Seadream Yachts Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Windstar Cruises Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Seabourn Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours for Silversea Passengers
- Private Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi Setur Marina
- Private Ephesus Tours from Guzelcamli Hotels
- Private Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi Cruise Port >
- Private Ephesus Tours from Izmir >
- Private Ephesus Tours from Selcuk Hotels >
- Ephesus in Bible - Private Biblical Ephesus Tours >
- Ephesus Private Tour Rates >
Excursiones Privadas a Efeso
- Excursión a Éfeso para cruceros desde el Puerto de Kusadasi >
- Qué hacer en Kusadasi
- Excursiones privadas de hoteles de Selcuk
- Solo Guia Turistico Servicios
- Excursiones Privadas de Efeso para pasajeros de cruceros MSC
- Tour privado de Pamukkale desde Kusadasi
- Especial Tour de Éfeso: El Desayuno tradicional turco y Efeso
- Excursoes privadas de Efeso >
Частные Эфес туры
- Private Exkursionen von Ephesos >
- Escursioni private di Efeso e la Casa di Maria
- Private Ephesus Tours from Kusadasi >
- Ephesus History
- Contact Us
- Denizhan`s Blog
- Istanbul Private Walking Tours
- Suggested Turkey Tour Program
- Izmir Airport to Kusadasi, Selcuk and Sirince Transfers
- Private Pamukkale Tour from Kusadasi
- Private Aphrodisias Tours
- Private Pergamon Tours
- Private Sardis Tours
- Private Priene Tours