We organize private tours of Ephesus and Pamukkale and private transfers to Izmir Airport for Celestyal Cruises Passengers who will be embarking and disembarking to/from the Celestyal Olympia and Celestyal Experience at Kusadasi Cruise Port.
Celestyal Olympia and Celestyal Experience of Greek Celestyal Cruises will be calling back to the cruise port of Kusadasi in 2021. Celestyal Experience will be the first cruise ship which will be calling to Kusadasi Cruise Port for 2021. Celestyal Olympia and Celestyal Experience will call to the Port of Kusadasi every saturday during 4 Days Greek Islands And Turkey Weekend Cruise and every tuesday during 5 Days Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise. At both days the ships will stay at the Port of Kusadasi from 7am till 1pm.
For passengers who are embarking and disembarking from Celestyal Cruise Ships we offer private half day tours of Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary ending at Izmir Airport.
* 3 shore excursions come with the Celestyal cruise package. The complimentary half-day excursions on Celestyal cruise included the Minoan Palace of Knossos in Crete, the magnificent remains of Ephesus near the port of Kusadasi and a walk through the village of Oia in Santorini. Therefore we offer private tours for Celestyal Cruise Passengers who are embarking and disembarking at Kusadasi Cruise Port.
Suggested Private Ephesus Tour Itinerary is as follows:
Private Ephesus Tour starting from Kusadasi Cruise Port and ending at Izmir Airport (5.5 hours)
Temple of Artemis + Ephesus + House of Mary
After meeting your guide at Kusadasi Cruise Port, drive through the fertile lands. Your first stop will be the Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world. Afterwards proceed to the mountain where Virgin Mary is believed to spent her 9 years. The house is approximately 1000 feet above sea level and running as an active chapel. Roman Catholics believe that Virgin Mary came to Ephesus with Saint. John 5 years after the crucification. At the age of 63 she is assumed to heaven. Altough there is no fact that Virgin Mary lived here approximately 1.5 million people visit the site each year. After 30 minutes visit to the House of Mary, drive to ancient city of Ephesus. You will be dropped at the upper gate of Ephesus with your tour guide. Start exploring the city. You will be walking down the hill approximately 1.5hrs. You will see the Odeon, the basilica, domitian square, fountain of Trajan, Celcus library, Terrace Houses (optional), Marble street, the Grand Theater of Ephesus and the Harbour Street. You will be endng your tour at the bottom gate. Your driver and tour guide will take you to Izmir Airport.
Cost of Private Ephesus Tour starting from Kusadasi Cruise Port and ending at Izmir Airport:
170 Euro (Total to be paid for 1-6 people)
- Services of an excellent English speaking tour Guide
- A/C Mercedes V-Class
- All transportation costs.
- Tax, service charges
- Parking fees to the sites.
Rates Do Not Cover:
- Entrance fees to the sites.
* Above rate is NOT a per person rate. It is total to be paid for your group.
* On certain dates, we offer %20 discount. Dates for Discounted Private Ephesus Tours
* In addition to private tours with English speaking tour guides, we also provide private tours with Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, French and Italian speaking licensed tour guides. There is a surcharge for non-English speaking tours. For costs please contact us.
There is no prepayment required for the reservation.
Payment can be made in Euro, Turkish Liras or US Dollar cash at the end of the tour. There is no prepayment required for the booking
You can cancel a tour 72 hours in advance of your tour departure without any charges. If you would like to cancel a tour, simply send us an email and we will be happy to assist you. Once you are within the 24 hour tour departure window, the tour becomes non-refundable. This is because our guide and vehicle have set aside space to accommodate your request and will often not be able to fill that space with another customer so close to departure. For cruise passengers, there is no cancellation fee if your ship does not call to the port in any reason.
* We offer %20 discount on certain dates. Book early and save more. To see the discounted dates for private Ephesus tours please click here.
If you have questions or need more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
How much is the entrance fee to Ephesus?
Except Terrace Houses, there is no admission fee for children under 8 years old. For the proof of age, please bring passport copies with you. For Terrace Houses under 6 year old is free of charge.
* If you are going to visit other sites besides Ephesus in Western Turkey. There is a Museum Pass which provides multi visits to many sites without waiting in lines and you can make great savings. Valid for Ancient city of Ephesus, Basilica of St. John, Terrace Houses in Ephesus, Archaelogical Museum of Ephesus, Ancient city of Aphrodisias, Temple of Didyma, Ancient city of Smyrna, Ancient City of Miletus, Ancient City of Priene, Ancient City of Sardis, Ancient City of Pergamon, Asklepion of Pergamon and many others. For more information visit the following link: Museum Pass the Aegean - Multi visit pass for West Turkey
Ephesus Ancient City - Basilica of St. John - Archaeogical Museum of Ephesus
Tour Guide Only Services for Ephesus and the Surrounding Area
For travelers who are travelling Turkey with a rent a car, we offer tour guide only services. Your expert Ephesus tour guide can meet you in front of Basilica of St. John or at your hotel in Selcuk or Kusadasi.
Hire a local private tour guide in Ephesus !
* Referenced rate is for tour guide only and does not include entrance fees and parking fees to the sites.
* If you do not have a rental car and staying in Selcuk or coming to Selcuk with train. We offer private walking tours of the Basilica of St. John, Temple of Artemis and Ancient City of Ephesus. For more information, please contact us.
* For English-speaking tour guide bookings on certain dates we are offering %20 discount!
Meeting point in Selcuk town with your tour guide will be in front of Basilica of St. John.:
Driving from Izmir and Izmir Airport to Ephesus (Selcuk)
The western region of Turkey is an easy place to drive a rental car. If you are planning to rent a car at İzmir Airport, make sure that your rental car has a toll sticker or a toll transponder to pay the highway tolls. You cannot pay the tolls any other way Note that you can not pay tolls with cash! As you exit from Izmir airport, follow the green signs for Aydın (not İzmir). Green sign is for toll road. The toll for the drive from the Izmir airport to Selcuk (Ephesus) is about 3 Turkish Liras. In the toll road there are no signs here for Selcuk or Ephesus, so follow the signs for Aydın. After 30 minutes drive from Izmir airport is the Selcuk turn, Leave the toll road by this exit, following signs to Selcuk and Efes (Ephesus). After passing the tollgates in 10 minutes you will reach Selcuk (Ephesus). If you are going to use our tour guide only service, you will meet your tour guide in front of Basilica of St. John, therefore look for a brown sign as ''Basilica of St. John''
We offer private tours of Ancient City of Ephesus, Basilica of St. John and House of Virgin Mary. Our guests have the option to attend the Holy Mass.
For more information about private biblical tours including a Holy Mass at the House of Virgin Mary, please contact us.
2020 entrance fee for House of Virgin Mary is 45 Turkish Liras per person. 45 Turkish Liras is approximately 7 US$ or 6.5 Euros. Credit Cards are not accepted. Travellers must have Turkish Liras cash with them.
Opening Hours for House of Virgin Mary:
Holy Mass is held every day, from Monday to Saturday at 5:15 pm (November to March) and 6:15 pm (April to October). The Sunday Mass is held at 10:30 am (in English).
We provide private tours of House of Virgin Mary and Ephesus
For more information please visit the following link: Private Tours of Ephesus or contact us
Day Trip from Samos to Kusadasi
Operated Every Thursday and Sunday
Between May - October
Frequently Asked Questions
May we use a credit card?
> You can buy your ferry tickets online with your credit card. For the private tour of Ephesus, we kindly ask the payment to be made in cash.
Does the ferry from Samos land at the cruise port where we will be picked up?
> Yes, the ferry will depart Pythagorion, Samos and arrive to Kusadasi Cruise Port. We will meet you outside the terminal building after the passport control at Kusadasi Cruise Port.
Is the tour private or will there be others with us and how many?
> We only offer private tours, therefore you will be the only ones in the vehicle besides your private tour guide and the driver.
I assume we can make minor changes to schedule as I continue my research of things to do and places to see?
> This is a private tour therefore the tour can be modified the way you like additions and omissions can be made. All these decisions can be made during the tour with your tour guides recommendations. This is the main reason we do not include entrance and parking fees to the sites.
For the travelers who will be staying in Kusadasi, Sirince or Selcuk.
Sedan + Guide: 590 Euro
Mercedes Van (Upto 4 people) + Guide: 690 Euro
Mercedes Van (Upto 12 people) + Guide: 740 Euro
Mercedes Van (Upto 14 people) + Guide: 790 Euro
- Services of an excellent English speaking Guide
- A/C vehicle.
- All transportation costs.
- Tax, service charges
Rates Do Not Cover:
- Entrance & Parking fees to the sites.
For more information please contact us.
We offer our highly rated private excursions of Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary with a Italian-speaking tour guides. Take a custom private tour in the company of a local tour guide who speaks your language..
Today New Zealand’s Governor-General Jerry Mateparae with his wife and New Zealand's Ambassador visited Ancient City of Ephesus, House of Virgin Mary and Sirince Village.
Lt Gen The Rt Hon Sir Jerry Mateparae and Lady Janine Mateparae commenced an official visit to Turkey for the commemorations of the Battle of Chunuk Bair at Gallipoli Peninsula. The service will take place at Chunuk Bair tomorrow. August 8 1915 marks the centenary of the Battle, which is regarded as the most significant action for the New Zealand Forces through Gallipoli Campaign. It was part of the August offensive attacks (6-10 August 1915) where more than 870 New Zealanders died.
by TransBalkan Tours is a fully licenced tour operator since 1963 and a member of TURSAB.
License: A 776.