You may not have a great experience taking one of Taxis of Kusadasi.
If you are lucky. if you happen to meet by chance with a honest taxi driver, the best you can expect is an acceptable experience: the taxi takes you to where you want to go by the shortest route, and you pay the correct fare as shown on the meter.
Below find some of the examples of bad experiences.
1. The taxi refuses to take you to where you want to go because the distance is not enough. It does not matter if you have a lot of luggage, or you can not walk well, or you are carrying a baby, or you simply have the legal right to be driven to where you want to go.
2. The taxi takes you to where you want to go but refuses to run the meter, and you get a very high fare that you can only reduce by arguing unpleasantly with someone who does not speak your language.
3. The taxi runs the meter and takes you to where you want to go by a rotating route that wastes your time and costs a lot more than it should.
4. The trip is fine, but the driver expects a big tip because you are a foreigner (Turks do not give tips to taxi drivers).
5. The driver drives like a maniac, apparently happy to endanger not only his own life, but that of other drivers, and his as well.
Below please find the links for some articles about the taxi scams in Turkey published on Turkish news papers:
- Up to 10 years in jail sought for Istanbul taxi driver for overcharging Saudi tourist
- British tourist given 3,000-Turkish Lira bill for Istanbul airport-hotel transfer
- Taxi drivers scamming Istanbul tourists face inspection
It is almost as cheap to do a private tour of Ephesus. We offer reasonably priced private tours of Ephesus from Kusadasi Port. The prices would be little more than a taxi but you will be transported with a brand new AC vehicle and a fluent English speaking licensed private tour guide.
You can maximize your limited time with a professional Ephesus tour guide. Our team of expert Ephesus tour guides are speacially selected, monitored and trained to maximize our clients experiences. There are lots of advantages of a private tours. You decide when and where you want to stop, what you want to see, and how long you want to visit the different sites. Also you can time your visits to the key attractions, to avoid the massive crowds from the cruise ships.
A private tour will give you more flexibility in choosing your itinerary which is useful if you want to explore the ancient city of Ephesus. Private Ephesus tours are also usually custom tours, where the guests decide where they wish to visit.
We believe that your Ephesus tour guide will be one of the most important parts of your cruise. That is why we only use local experts who have a history of working with our clients and whom we know personally. They speak perfect English and are experts on Ephesus. We are extremely demanding in choosing our Ephesus tour guides and are confident that your Ephesus tour guide will be one of the most memorable aspects of your cruise .
We believe that the private tour will be the safest way to travel as your Ephesus tour guide will accompany you all the time. They will take care of everything about your Ephesus tour.